The lighthouse was built in 1900 and is located on the East Coast of Mull.
Duart Point is an unusual lighthouse and was built in memory of the Scottish novelist William Black (1841-1898). Friends of William Black commissioned the Edinburgh architect, Sir William Lieper, to design the lighthouse with advice from David A Stevenson. It is situated at the novelist’s favourite spot.
The automatic, solar-powered light sits on the top of the small castellated gothic tower which is built of granite.