bannerimg bannerimg

Ardtornish

Ardtornish is a solar powered LED lantern lighthouse built in 2001.

History

The original Ardtornish lighthouse was established by David Stevenson in 1927. It was a cast iron octagonal tower on Ardtornish Point, a headland jutting out into the Sound of Mull.  In 2001, it was replaced with the current structure – a skeletal tower clad with white aluminium panels.

Details

Year Established

2001

Position

Latitude   56°31.1'N
Longitude 005°45.2'W

Character

Flashing(2) White/Red/Green every 10 seconds

Range

8 nautical miles

Structure

White clad metal framework tower

Public Access

No

See more NLB Lighthouses