The Northern Lighthouse Heritage Trust (NLHT) is a registered charity. It was formed in 2009 and is dedicated to preserving our lighthouse heritage. Find out more about the projects we have supported and how to apply for funding for your own project.
HERITAGE TRUST OBJECTIVES
- Support research into the production of books, poems, music, paintings and articles, whether they are works of imagination or fact
- Support the production of books, poems, music, paintings and articles about the above work, whether they be works of imagination or fact
- Support the acquisition for public benefit, and the preservation, conservation and display of books, paintings, artefacts, charts and other relevant memorabilia about lighthouses and aids to navigation
- Support public exhibitions of photographs, paintings, and memorabilia about the work of NLB and others in providing lighthouses and aids to navigation in Scotland and the Isle of Man
- Support the conservation of lighthouse heritage including aids to navigation
- Support the publication of packs for schools dealing with the history of lighthouses, the importance of the Scottish contribution to the development of lighthouses around the world, and the lives of those who worked for NLB and of their families
- Encourage local children to have knowledge and understanding about their ‘local’ lighthouse and those who worked and lived there
- Support and maintain a network of friends or associates of the Trust based on former employees and families of employees of the Northern Lighthouse Board
- Through the network of friends or associates, to retain that history through writings and recordings and contributions from them of artefacts, letters and photographs
- Promote scholarship and research into such history and thereby help promote the other activities of the Trust.
Charity number: SC040872 | Company number: SC365775