bannerimg bannerimg

Skervuile

Skervuile Lighthouse was established in 1865 by David & Thomas Stevenson.

 

History

Skervuile lighthouse is located on a rocky reef in the Sound of Jura southeast of the entrance to Lowlandman’s Bay on the south eastern coast of Jura.
Built in 1865 by David and Thomas Stevenson. It was automated in 1945 and down graded to a minor light.

Details

Year Established

1865

Engineer

David & Thomas Stevenson

Position

Latitude   55°52.5'N
Longitude 005°49.9'W

Character

Flashing white every 15 seconds

Range

9 nautical miles

Structure

White stone tower with black lantern.

Public Access

No

See more NLB Lighthouses