Neist Point is one of the most famous lighthouses in Scotland and can be found on the most westerly tip of Skye near the township of Glendale.
Mr W Hugh MacDonald from Oban was the building contractor for the lighthouse and dwellings which cost £4,350. the lantern was made by Dove & Co costing £1,100 and the lightroom machine cost £418 and was made by Milne & Co.
The light was first exhibited on 1 November 1909 but the fog singal, which has since been discontinued, was not completed until 25 June 1910.
The station was converted to automatic operation in 1990 and the lightkeepers withdrawn.
It should be noted that at some sites the Northern Lighthouse Board have sold some redundant buildings within the lighthouse complex and are not responsible for the maintenance of these building.