bannerimg bannerimg

Loch Ryan

Loch Ryan Lighthouse was built in 1847 by Alan Stevenson.

History

Loch Ryan lighthouse also known as Cairn Point Lighthouse was established in 1847 by Alan Stevenson. It is located at Cairn Point, near the northern end of the village of Cairnryan and guards the eastern side of the entrance to Loch Ryan.

The Keepers’ accommodation was demolished in the 1960’s and the light was automated in 1964.

 

 

 

Details

Year Established

1847

Engineer

Alan Stevenson

Position

Latitude   54°58.5'N
Longitude 005°01.8'W

Character

Flashing(2) Red every 10 seconds

Elevation

15 metres

Range

12 nautical miles

Structure

White tower with black lantern

Public Access

No

See more NLB Lighthouses