Hoy Sound (High) was established in 1851 by Alan Stevenson. It is located on the northeast point of the isle of Graemsay in the Orkney Isles. It is a tapering circular section masonry tower, 108 ft (33.9m) high with balcony supported on Gothic-arched corbels. The flat-roofed keepers’ houses are of Stevenson’s classic Egyptian pattern.
White and red occulting light every 8 seconds
19 nautical miles