Holy Isle (Inner) Lighthouse is one of two lighthouses on Holy Island, the other is Holy Island (Outer) Lighthouse.
The lighthouse faces the east coast of the Isle of Arran at the south entrance of Lamlash Baywas and was built in 1877 by David and Thomas Stevenson. It is locally known as “Wee Donald”, though we are not sure why! The lighthouse was fully automated in 1977.
Holy Isle has an ancient spiritual heritage dating back to the 6th century. The settlements on the island include the Centre for World Peace and Health, founded by Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche.