bannerimg bannerimg

Fladda

Fladda Lighthouse was built in 1860 by David & Thomas Stevenson.

History

Fladda Lighthouse is located on the Isle of Fladda.
Fladda is one of the Slate Islands, off the west coast of Argyll and Bute. The tower is painted white, the lantern is black and has ochre trim. The lighthouse was automated in 1956.

Details

Year Established

1860

Engineer

David & Thomas Stevenson

Position

Latitude   56°14.9'N
Longitude 005°40.8'W

Character

Flashing 2 White/Red/Green every 9 seconds

Range

11 nautical miles

Structure

White tower 13 metres height.

Public Access

No

See more NLB Lighthouses