bannerimg bannerimg

Eigg

Eigg Lighthouse was built in 1906 by David A & Charles Stevenson.

History

Eigg lighthouse is located on the south-eastern corner of the islet of Eilean Chathastail, one of the smaller Small Isles about 110 metres off Eigg. The lighthouse is a cylindrical metal tower only 8 metres high with gallery and lantern painted white.

Details

Year Established

1906

Engineer

David & Charles Stevenson

Position

Latitude   56°52.3'N
Longitude 006°07.3'W

Character

Flashing White every 6 seconds

Range

8 nautical miles

Structure

Cylindrical metal tower with a white lantern and 8 metres high.

Public Access

No

See more NLB Lighthouses